Sewn: Bird Cushion

I made this cute garden bird cushion back in the summer for my son, Albert's girlfriend. As her birthday has now just passed, I thought I would share it here. The brief was for it a) to be handmade and b) something birdy! I would have loved to have time to make her a quilt (for example this amazing flamingo quilt) but never mind.


It was so warm the day I made it, that I did most of the sewing outside - what a treat! I have never done that before, but it is something I will definitely do again.


I bought the fabric in my local fabric shop, Dotty Dolly in Wellington, Somerset but can't for the life of me find any reference to what the fabric is called - it's so cute. If you know what it is, can you let me know?


For the reverse, I used a triangle fabric from the Makower Baby Jungle range which picks up the colours of the birds on the front, and the closure is a simple button fastening. It's not the neatest closure, but it'll do.


What have you sewn lately?

Love Mrs Jones X


Comments

Popular Posts