Patchwork: Quilt-a-Long 2017 - Homestead and Round the Corner

Trying to catch up with these quilt-a-long blocks whilst also working hard and starting a new course (CIH Level 4 in Housing)! Anyway, I do love being busy!


The Homestead block (May) is the turquoise block with a slightly floral pattern and was really easy to sew up after the hideousness of the Star and Cross. However, just to throw a spanner in the works, the  June block (Round the Corner) also involved about a million miniscule pieces - enough to drive me round the bend (see what I did there)!! Not sure if anyone else has found this, but this block finishes at a smaller size?!


So, at the halfway point, I thought I would reflect on the blocks I have already made by laying them out together. I am actually really happy with the colours and I am particularly pleased that I added the mustard into the mix.

To date, all the fabric I have used has been from my stash - very satisfying. I have just bought a sumptuous fat quarter of a grey Alison Glass fabric for the next block though. It may have just jumped into my basket when I bought some fabric for a quilt I will be shortly starting for Fred!

So, I bought the new Lloyd and Lola pattern by Elizabeth Hartman (two fabulous llamas) to make into a big quilt for Fred. It's totally different to what I have made before but I can't wait to start.

Love Mrs Jones X


Comments

Popular Posts