Patchwork: Quilt-a-long 2017 - Diamond Panes

In January I posted my first batch of blocks in the Fat Quarter Shop Quiltalong 2017. Tomorrow, the March block pattern is released, so I thought I would show my progress to date.


February's block is Diamond Panes. Although I have sewn HST quilts before, see here and here, I have never done it with this method of sandwiching two squares together (I have always used my Sizzix HST template). It does make the process pretty simple.


So, six diamond pane blocks completed. I'm still not wholly sure where I am going with the colour palette on this because I am trying to use scraps as far as possible. I am leaning towards green, blue and grey but I recently saw some lovely quilts with mauve in the mix which is also pretty tempting!


Here are my blocks so far. Any colour suggestions?

Love Mrs Jones x



Comments

Popular Posts