Patchwork: Finished - Albert's Uni Quilt



My eldest son, Albert, went to university two weeks ago and this quilt was supposed to have been finished for him to take it with him. Unfortunately. as I work full time, my time for sewing is pretty limited and so it was inevitably not ready for him to take it with him. 


I let him choose the fabric (I pre-selected some fat quarter bundles on Pinterest), and he plumped for Angela Walter's Park Fragmental  I actually bought the fat quarter bundle from an American seller on ebay, and it comes with an amazing feature panel.

Mid quilting 
The fabric has a lovely modern Deco feel to it and comes in two other colourways (pink and yellow). I had such limited time to make this in that I kept the design very simple, with some white squares between the quilting fabric. 





It is really tricky to get a shot of the whole quilt without an able assistant! I played around with the placement of the feature panel. I originally thought I would place it centrally, but am much happier with it off-centre.


Again, due to time constraints, and the fact that quilting is not my or my machine's forte, I kept it very simple with stitch in the ditch in columns. It was great to spend the last few nights hand finishing the binding with the quilt to keep me warm!

This will be winging it's way up to Birmingham next week so he shall be nice and warm before the cold weather kicks in.

What have you been making recently?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts