Bake: Quick Pesto Palmiers

In my house, food waste is a sin, so I am always looking for new ways to use up leftovers. I buy ready made puff pastry if I am making a pie, and there is always some left over. I found this recipe for Pesto Palmiers as an alternative to the cheese straws that I usually make.

There are no measurements to my ingredients as you can adapt to what you have handy.


Ingredients
Puff Pastry (ready rolled is easiest)
Pesto
Parmesan

Method
1. Roll or cut out a long rectangle of puff pastry.

2. With the back of a spoon, spread a layer of pesto over the pastry.

3. Start rolling from opposite sides until they meet in the middle.

4. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to firm up before slicing into pieces of about 1cm thickness.

5. Lay them on a greased baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes at 200C.

6. While still warm, grate over a little Parmesan.

So quick, and so delicious!

Love
Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts