Home: Kitchen Refresh

Our kitchen refresh is in progress. I still love the kitchen cabinets which still have some life in them yet, but the kitchen walls were looking pretty grim after six years, and I still haven't fixed any blinds up over the windows (don't worry, we are not overlooked)! I was toying with staying with a neutral palette but my husband talked me into going for something warmer, because the kitchen is north facing so doesn't get a lot of light. We selected Dulux Melon Sorbet in Kitchen + which is supposed to be easy to clean (and after a hot chocolate incident it has been so far, so good).

Here is the only "before" photo that I can currently locate, which was taken about a year ago after we bought our breakfast bar.

Kitchen: Before

As you can see, I am still working on getting the blinds: I have chosen pleated thermal blinds which are similar to Venetian blinds but have a honeycomb structure to keep it warm in winter but cool in summer. Much as I would love to go for a cream colour blind, with our cat, it seems more sensible to go for a charcoal tone.

Kitchen: After

The breakfast area: We originally had a small dining table here, but as we have a separate dining room, it wasn't really used. The breakfast bar is used all the time, from having a coffee and laptop session, to prepping food and building Lego. It has created a more sociable space for guests who can sit here and chat while we are cooking.



I love that our existing turquoise accessories go really well with the new paint. Below is the area of the kitchen that I would love to hide but would be impractical to. I am also still looking for a solution to stop all the splashes and scuffs on the wall behind the bin, possibly a piece of acrylic?


I would be lost without my meal planner whiteboard! It is one of the key ways in which I have reduced our household food budget (which is really another post entirely)!

Some of the features that I love in my kitchen
I still have to crack on with the linked utility room and order those blinds! We are hoping to refresh most of the downstairs this year.

Love Mrs Jones x



Comments

Popular Posts