Patchwork: Winter's Lane

Well, it has been a while in the making, but I have finally completed the Winter's Lane 8 point star quilt which was supposed to be finished by Christmas. So what if it's nearly Easter now - the nights are still cold enough to warrant snuggling up under this on the sofa!


Back in September, I posted a tutorial on how to construct an 8 point star block, which you can find here.


I used a really thick wadding for this quilt as the plan was for it to be used in Winter - I am not sure that I would use such dense wadding again as it was quite a struggle for my little old machine. 



You may have noticed that I took a little unintentional blogging break - fitting everything in with working full time has been difficuly and something had to give, but I feel a renewed energy now that we are actually seeing daylight at both ends of the day!

Happy Mothers Day!
Love
Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts