Sewn: The Deer & Doe Sureau Dress

This dress has been a long time in the making! It was one of the items on this year's To Sew list and I have had the pattern and the fabric since Christmas, just waiting for the right moment to make it. 

Pattern



Pattern Description
Mid season dress with gathered bust and 3/4 length sleeves.





Size
I used the Size 36 for bust and hip measurements, grading it out to a Size 40 for the waist. I didn't alter the bust (it is meant to fit a cup size C and I am by no means a C), but I don't think it needed a small bust adjustment either. 


Fabric used
I love the chambray look of my fabric, although it is just a humble cotton poplin which is so nice to sew with!


Alterations
I added in a broderie anglaise trim to the sleeve ends which was my second ribbon choice from my Fantastic Ribbons review. I love this trim! I would have used some on the dress hem too but I didn't want it to be over the top. I have also seen lace trim used either side of the button placket to good effect.


Sew it again?
I love this dress! Yes I would sew it again - maybe the sleeveless variation. I have to say that I wouldn't have wanted to sew this dress as an absolute beginner. Some of the instructions were not that clear if you haven't done much sewing before, for example, there are three versions of the dress on the back of the envelope but the instructions only cover the one option.



I love this informal photo where Atticus has yet again got in on the action!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts