Bake: Chocolate Loaf Cake


I made this dense, moist chocolate loaf cake a few days ago in one of those "I fancy some cake" moments. I am having those a lot at the moment! I have adapted this recipe from the original BBC Good Food one mainly due to the fact that I had neither ground almonds or chocolate chips, but I will also give you the original recipe link here for reference.

Ingredients
175g butter or margarine - I always invariably use Stork
175g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
175g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100ml milk
4 tbsp cocoa powder (although I actually used drinking chocolate)
Chocolate spread or a little chocolate melted
You will also need a  2lb loaf tin and liner (or line it with baking parchment)

Method
1.Preheat the oven at 170C and line your tin.

2.Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and then beat in the eggs.

3. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix well before adding the milk and cocoa powder. Pour into the lined tin and bake for 50 minutes.. Test with a skewer to make sure it comes out clean. If not, bake for a little longer.

4. When the cake is cool you can either drizzle some melted chocolate over the top or cover in chocolate spread. I used some delicious chocolate spread that my husband brought back from Italy.

The cake will serve 10-12 slices.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. Anything chocolate gets made here first ; ) Sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts