Bake: Cashew and Apricot Flapjack

Despite the butter and sugar content in a flapjack, I always regard it as a healthier choice of cake. With some chopped apricot and cashew nuts, the humble flapjack is transformed into something gorgeous. Again, the recipe originates from BBC Good Food (they just have some of the best recipes) but I have added my own take according to what I have in my store cupboard at the time. Next time, I may try a cherry and coconut version.



Ingredients
140g butter or margarine
140g demerara sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
175g porridge oats
75g chopped cashews (mine were a bag of cashew pieces)
140g dried chopped apricots

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. 

2. Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and syrup. Once melted, take off the heat.

3. Add to the pan, the oats, cashews and apricots and mix well. Pour into a greased and lined baking tin (20cm square) and bake for 35-40 minutes.

4. Leave to cool before marking and cutting the slices out. You should get between 12 and 16 slices out of this.

Unfortunately for me, my children decided they didn't like these, so I had to eat them all myself (not all at once though!)

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts