Tomato Sauce - My Way

My children love my homemade tomato sauce, especially with pasta and meatballs, but it also works well with meatloaf or cold cuts. It is something that has evolved and makes a complete change from a herby version of tomato sauce.


Ingredients
Tin or carton of chopped plum tomatoes from your local supermarket
Half an onion, finely chopped
Vegetable stock cube, such as OXO
Pimenton (Smoked Paprika) - 1 teaspoon or to your taste
Brown Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Salt - a pinch

Method
1. Fry the chopped onion gently in some olive oil until soft.

2. Add the carton of tomatoes.

3. Add all the other ingredients and bring to the boil.

4. Leave to simmer until required or at least 15 minutes.

If I was serving this to adults, I would add a splash of tabasco too!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts