Easy Brioche & Butter Pudding

I hate seeing things go to waste, especially when this involves food. And food is so expensive these days - in fact inflation is higher for food (at 4.1%) despite the overall inflation rate dropping! So, I found myself with half a pack of buttery brioche rolls on their sell by date. After checking carefully for signs of deterioration, I decided these would be good for a bread and butter pudding.


It's the Norm, has a great recipe for Brioche & Butter Pudding, and this is the one I have used. Some recipes call for making the custard first, but this recipe seems much more logical. I used half the recipe because I only had half a pack of rolls!

Ingredients
Half a bag of brioche rolls
2 eggs
25g sugar
350ml milk
50ml double cream
A couple of drops of vanilla essence
Dried or fresh fruit are optional. 

Method
1. Break the brioche rolls into pieces (3 pieces per roll on average) and arrange in an ovenproof dish.

2. Whisk up the eggs and add in the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Whisk again until thoroughly mixed. Pour this over your brioche rolls and leave for an hour for it to soak.

3. Preheat the oven to 180c. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top of the dish if you wish and pop in the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes and leave to cool a little before serving with some cream!


Love
Mrs Jones x



Comments

  1. Ooh, I love bread and butter pudding! Found you via the Folksy forum and now you've given me a project for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find the recipe as delicious as we did. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts