Chocolate Brownies: Autumn Styling

I have to confess that this is my second attempt at brownies in a week as I turned the first batch out of the tin too early, and they literally fell through my cooling rack! So, this time, I have cautiously left them in the tin until they have cooled before lifting them out, with the greaseproof paper.



The recipe I used is from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook , which has been reproduced by Red magazine here {there is also a printable version}. I have looked at so many brownie recipes over the last week, and all of them have different recipes! 


I love the fact that you don't need any fancy equipment. Once the butter and chocolate have melted, all  that is required is a bowl and a spoon, so this is ideal, if you are looking for a recipe that your children can help make. 

Cracking Brownies!


For an autumnal twist I created some leaf shapes in the centre of my brownies with two leaves picked from my garden, gently placed in the centre of the brownie and sprinkled icing sugar over it. The flaky top adds to the autumn feel!


Soft, moist and chewy chocolate brownies - delicious. Do you have any Autumn baking that you would like to share?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts