A Trio of Cupcakes

Flora have kindly gifted me a tub of original Flora to celebrate the re-introduction of the Flora original taste, after a recipe change last year. They listened to their customers, and they said they wanted the original taste back. So, as we are celebrating, I thought I should make cakes {a trio of cupcakes, to be exact}!


Ingredients
100g flora original
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
100g self raising flour
Ready made buttercream (vanilla)
Chocolate coated popping candy
Wafer daisies


Method
1. Cream the flora and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.

2. Gradually add the eggs, beating after each addition.

3. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture.

4.Spoon into cake cases, in a 12 bun tin and bake for 15 minutes at 180C.

5. When cool, decorate as follows:

The cake with the hat: cut a circle from the top of the cake and carefully put aside with a knife. Spoon the icing into the hole and pop the hat back on.

The daisy cake: Swirl the icing onto the top of the cake with a teaspoon, swirling into a peak and add a daisy at a rakish angle.

The popping cake: Swirl the icing into a peak as for the daisy cake. Scatter some chocolate coated popping candy and sprinkle with cocoa sieved through a tea strainer for an extra chocolate twist.

Obviously, if I was making cakes for me, I would have chosen all daisies, but I am catering to pre-teens and teens as well!

If I am honest, I haven't bought Flora for many years, so I was keen to try it again to see if I liked it. I like the idea of the health benefits but I am not sure I would make a permanent swap from my regular brand. I gave a little taste test to my children and they weren't keen on Flora, however, they have been eating these cakes with no qualms!!

If you are looking to switching to a healthier spread, Flora has 80% less saturated fat than butter and is made from a blend of seed oils containing Omega 3 & 6, and you can find loads of healthy recipes at their website.

Love Mrs Jones x

Note: As a Bzzagent, I was given the flora free. The opinions in the post are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts