Rhubarb

I have had my fingers crossed that this year I will be able to crop some rhubarb. I planted it last Spring, and even will a little forcing, it has been a big disappointment. Not one stick of rhubarb for me.


This photo was taken in March this year - it looked so promising! Something is eating it I think. 

Well, there comes a point when you have been waiting so long, that in the end you pop to the supermarket and buy some, which is what I had to do. I had a craving for the sharp rhubarb and vanilla custard.


Chopped up, the pieces look like pieces of broken rock. After trawling the internet for rhubarb recipes, such as rhubarb streusel pie and the beautiful French Rhubarb Tart {both recipes from BBC Good Food}, I settled on the good old crumble. You really can't beat it!

Do you have some favourite rhubarb recipes, or have some tips for making mine grow for next year? I would love to hear from you.

Love
Mrs Jones x




Comments

Popular Posts