April 1 Hour Make: Fabric Boxes

Are you all Spring cleaning your homes? I am, well, I am slowly doing each room. Maybe this quick make will help you to keep things neat and tidy.
I first came across the tutorial for fabric boxes a long time ago, and it has been sat in my bookmarks of "Projects to try" for over a year now. It originally came from The Sometimes Crafter and here is the tutorial link. I am not going to repeat it here, but add a few pointers where I don't think it is very clear.

This is the ideal project for two fat quarters and some heavy interfacing. I ditched the interfacing and made mine with one fat quarter {Michael Miller Erin Stripe} and some thick cream cotton duck that was gifted to me.  I was hoping that the cotton duck was heavy enough to hold itself without the need for interfacing, but as you can see, it is still a little soft. 

The sizing in the tutorial is 15 inches square, but I thought - what am I going to do with the odd bits left, so I have just squared my fat quarter to 50cm squared {sorry, I don't do inches}. Then for the pieces cut out {4 1/2 inches} I took a 15 cm square out of each corner to end up with the desired plus sign. I hope you're still following me! If not, this is what your fabric should look {a bit} like.
Once you have made one box, the possibilities are endless....



Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. Well done for starting your spring cleaning, I've only thought about it so far :) Lovely handy box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love these fabric boxes, great idea! Gonna have to add them to my project list now.. Hx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts