Holiday Reads 2012

I love reading on holiday, a chilled glass of wine in one hand, book in the other! My choices for this holiday are:
  • Last Night in Twisted River by John Iriving - one of my alltime favourite authors. I am already about a third of the way through but as you can see, it is a large book. He is very good at developing characters. This book is about a cook and his 12 year old son who mistakes the cook's girlfriend for a bear and kills her, and their subsequent life on the run. John Iriving has a thing for bears.
  • The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I have read both his previous novels, The Virgin Suicides and Middlesex. Both are very unusual,and I am hoping this one will be too.
  • Michelen guide to Normandy has seen us through many a holiday, and I have been writing comments and adding leaflets to it since I bought it. So it has now become more of a compendium and is an essential part of my holiday reading.
  • Boy Racer -This is my husband's reading choice, but as we both love the Tour de France, I will be happy to read it if I run out of reading material.
I am also taking the latest copies of Craftseller, Psychologies, Red and Empire.

So, what are you reading this summer, share with me your recommendations.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts