Cherry Bakewell Cupcakes

Yesterday, I made a batch of these yummy cupcakes - I just had a need for something sweet! I used a standard plain cupcake recipe and added the cherry bakewell taste to it.

Cooking note: I almost always use a handheld electric whisk when making cakes, although you could do these by hand, or via a food processor.



Ingredients
100g caster sugar
100g butter
100g self raising flour
2 eggs
Almond essence
125g icing sugar
6 glace cherries

Method
1. Put the sugar and butter in a bowl and cream together.

2. Add eggs one at a time an mix thoroughly.

3. Sift in the flour in two or three goes, folding in after each sift.

4. Add roughly half a lid of almond essence, or more or less to your personal taste.

5. Bake in the oven in paper cases at 190C for 15-20 minutes. They will be golden on the top.

6. When cooked turn onto a wire rack to cool.

7. Meanwhile mix up glace icing by sifting 125g icing sugar in a bowl and added 15ml of warm water. Add more water until it is a thick but spreadable consistency. Alternatively, you could add some almond essence here too.

8. Using the back of a spoon, spread the icing over each cake and top with a halved cherry.It helps if the cakes are a little warm.

Next time I make this, I am going to experiment with adding a little ground almond to the sponge.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts