This week...

As you know, I don't have my laptop at the moment as it is being repaired, so here is a little catch up of the week so far.

Retro Armchair
I can just see Don Draper downing a whiskey in this chair! We found it in Homesense, Bristol (the staff there are really helpful) and it is beautifully comfortable and stylish to boot. The chair is to stop us all fighting over the sofas (currently a two seater and a three seater). I just need to find a footstool for this chair. I hadn't realised quite how different my husband and my tastes were - I was going mad for the distressed cream paint and luxurious fabrics, he was going for a brown chair, but we both liked this one.

Barbie gets a Halterneck Dress

I have added my own little twist to the Barbie dress from last week, with this halterneck dress. I began with the same bodice, but without the darts, and rather than gathering the skirt section, I added in some darts so that it is a little narrower. The halterneck was a happy accident, as when I sewed on her straps they were too short, so I have attached a little velcro to make them halterneck. 

Park Plaza Hotel, Cardiff


Yesterday, I travelled up to Cardiff to the Park Plaza Hotel for a treasury management seminar. I won't go into details about the seminar, but the hotel was lovely. The image above is the lobby, and you can just see on the far right of the picture the log fire, which is actually three log fires extending down the length of the room. 

Lunch was delicious: pork with mustard mash and vegetables and to follow caramelised lemon tart with raspberries. Just beautiful food.

What also impressed me was the size of the doors. I know I am small at 5' 2", but the doors were floor to ceiling. I felt like Alice in Wonderland.

Look what I won!
I was very fortunate to have one a beautiful journal and some cards in a giveaway by Handmade by Edwina - go and check her blog out, she makes some awesome things.


Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts