Mocha Star Biscuits

Sorry, another food post, but I rustled these cute little biscuits up yesterday afternoon as I had my parents in law coming over and I thought they would be nice after dinner with coffee. hese biscuits are called Mocha Kisses in Rachel Allen's Food for Living, see below, and are little hearts, which of course would be perfect for Valentines Day. But, I couldn't find my heart cutter yesterday, hence the stars! 
 
They are so easy to make, just mixing the dry ingredients in a food processor and then adding the wet ingredients until the mixture forms a dough. The dough itself is a little like gingerbread to handle, and Rachel does advise putting it in the fridge for a while to firm up. I used mine straight away, so some of the stars are a little deformed from being to soft to properly handle. 

It is then just ten to fifteen minutes in the oven for cooking and whilst they cool, you can whip up the buttercream icing, also in the food processor. I only wish I had made buttercream in the processor years ago, it prevents that horrible whomph of icing sugar in the air which you breathe in.

If you don't have Rachel Allen's book, you can find the recipe here. Or you can buy the book by clicking on the link below.


Comments

  1. The biscuits must be delicious! I'm going to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of mine were a little dry as I put less chocolate buttercream in than others. I hope this works well for you, Mirka.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts