University Reminiscing

I am back after a fantastic weekend near Stoke on Trent for a university friend's 40th birthday party. It was great to meet up with the friends that I lived with in Preston in 1991 when we all were at Lancashire Polytechnic, which became University of Central Lancashire whilst we were there.

The party was held at The Wheatsheaf Inn at Onneley, a large pub in the countryside near Keele, and the shiny black baby grand piano held glasses of champagne as we entered. I met up with Steve, whose birthday it was, Justine & Mark, and even though it was around seven years ago that we last met, it was like no time had passed at all. The party was great with a band doing cover versions and a pudding to die for: a huge Croquembouche with lots of spun sugar.

So, this morning, I dug out all my photos of my student days in Preston and scanned all of them into the computer (in 1991, the world wide web was barely known about). It was a real treat to see that I had written on the backs of the photos when I prised them out of the album, so I knew exactly who was in it, where we were and the date!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts