My youngest just got back from a sleepover, and because it is just me and him today, I decided we should do something together. I was given the Primrose Hill Bakery cookbook for my birthday and was enchanted by the bourbon dachshund biscuits they make. Obviously I don't have anything as refined as a sausage dog cutter, but I do have an elephant cutter.
|And the rest!|
Here is the recipe (it was originally a Nigella one, but Primrose Bakery have adapted it, and I have summarised it!):
Printable recipe click here
85g unsalted butter (I used Clover)
100g golden caster sugar (I used white granulated)
1 large egg
Drop of vanilla extract
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1.Preheat oven to 180C and line some baking trays.
2. Cream butter & sugar, add egg and beat in.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Turn out on a floured work surface and roll to 1/2 cm thick. Use your cutters.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Slide onto a baking tray.
6. When cool, decorate as required.
If you want Nigella's version it is the Butter Cut Out Biscuits in "How to be a Domestic Goddess" or Primrose Hill Bakery's version is Iced Biscuits in "The Primrose Bakery Book"
Love Mrs Jones x