Valentine Hearts using Fimo




A couple of posts ago, I said I was experimenting with polymer clay to make beads. Well, the only successful thing I have managed is heart pendants for Valentine's Day! I used Fimo in Cherry Red, Granite and Black.
I rolled out the Cherry Red with an ordinary kitchen rolling pin and cut out the heart shape with an old pastry cutter. I wasn't impressed with the result as it was textured with marks from the mat I had rolled it out on (must remember this next time!). So, I lightly rolled it on a Sculpey texture mat (mine was scrolls and swirls), and punched a hole in the top centre.
For the black heart, I did the same as above but pressed harder when rolling on the texture mat.
They were placed on foil and baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 110C.
IDEAS FOR USE
I fitted a large triangle bail to both the black and multicoloured hearts, so as to use them as a keyring fob and pendant respectively. I used the red heart as an embellishment for a Valentine Card.


My props were: Glass - gorgeous set of Schott martini glasses
White tray - Maxwell Williams rectangular platter




Comments

Popular Posts